26 December 2014

Festive Q&A Post 17: Lucy Robinson

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a fabulous Christmas, and got lots of bookish goodies under your tree this year. Back to the Festive Q&A's here now, hurrah! I am thrilled to welcome the lovely Lucy Robinson to the blog today for her questions! Thank you to Lucy for taking the time to answer them!

You can buy The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me as an eBook now!

Q1. You've yet to write a festive book - is it something you'd consider in the future? 
Aha, well you say this, but as it happens I have a little something up my sleeve. It's called THE GREATEST CHRISTMAS OF ALL TIME. Tada! It's what anyone who read my debut novel will expect it to be - a Christmas follow-up to the story of Fran and Dave; possibly the world's most unlikely couple. I've written most of it but am not publishing it until next year, for various reasons. Anyone who enjoyed THE GREATEST LOVE STORY OF ALL TIME should enjoy it. I've laughed out loud several times while writing it. There's a lot of Fran-style disasters and some scary moments for Dave. Duke Ellington the cat steals the show more than once, and there's a lot of mulled wine and festive madness.

Q2. What do you think it is about festive books that readers love so much year after year?
For me, Christmas is a really nostalgic, special time that plugs me into strong memories of my childhood. Anything that can recreate those gorgeous memories is irresistible to me, and that's why I can't resist a Christmas story myself. It's an indulgence; a guaranteed shot of happiness and warmth.

Q3. Quick fire questions! What's your favourite thing about Christmas? 
Mince pies. Sorry, I mean the birth of Jesus.

Q4. Favourite christmas film? 
The Snowman (the old version!)

Q5. Favourite christmas song? 
Once in Royal David's City. Followed by Wham.

Q6. Favourite christmas tradition? 
Not eating too much! No-one in my family has ever passed out after overindulging! (Odd, because we Robinsons love our food...)

Q7. What are you hoping to find under the christmas tree this year?! 
A magimix. Pleeeeeease.

Q8. What's the best Christmas present you've ever been given and why? 
The Man and I spent Christmas together in Buenos Aires shortly after meeting. He bought me some knickers in a can because he couldn't find anything else. He was so embarrassed. I was so touched. I didn't buy him anything! I still have the knickers. I love them for everything they stand for.

Q9. What is up next for you? 
New Year means the start of novel 5. I know what it's going to be, I've just got to make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment