31 December 2014

Festive Q&A Post 23: Sarah Morgan

Today is the finalĂ© of my Festive Q&A, and I am delighted to welcome the wonderful Sarah Morgan to host the very last Q&A! Sarah has quickly flown up to the top of my must-read lists, and her Snow Crystal trilogy was absolutely brilliant, with the final book Maybe This Christmas being the perfect ending! Thank you to Sarah for taking the time to answer my questions, and I hope you've enjoyed reading these Festive Q&A's as much as I have!

You can buy Maybe This Christmas as a paperback or an eBook now.

Q1. Please tell me about your new festive book!

Thanks for having me here Chloe!
Maybe This Christmas is a friends to lovers story. Medal winning skier and single dad Tyler O’Neil has plenty of female fans, but the only woman who has stayed in his life is his best friend Brenna. Brenna has loved Tyler forever, but she believes his feelings don’t go beyond friendship. When a flurry of snow brings visitors flocking to beautiful Snow Crystal Resort, Brenna is forced to move in with him and suddenly everything changes. It’s a story about friendship, love and family all set against the winter wonderland of Vermont.

Q2. What do you think it is about festive books that readers love so much year after year?

I think the reality of Christmas for many people is hard work and high stress. The pressures to create a perfect Christmas leaves us running ragged as the big day approaches. Festive stories allow us to sink into a sparkly world that offers all the best parts of Christmas with none of the stress.

Q3. What is it you like about writing Christmas stories?

Christmas is one of my favourite times of year. I love crisp winter days, blue skies, the excitement of young children, the scent of the Christmas tree and noisy family gatherings. Christmas stories are an opportunity to fill a book with all the good things about the festive season. I’ve written a Christmas story every year for as long as I can remember. It’s become as much a part of my routine as choosing the tree! I love creating the snowy festive atmosphere we all hope to experience in real life.

Q4. Quick fire questions! What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

Gathering together with family.

Q5. Favourite Christmas film?

While You Were Sleeping.

Q6. Favourite Christmas song?

Jingle Bell Rock (my kids used to dance to it when they were little and it always makes me smile)

Q7. Favourite Christmas tradition?

Choosing the tree.  We go to the forest and it’s always beautiful.

Q8. What are you hoping to find under the Christmas tree this year?!

I love small thoughtful presents. My sons know I’m addicted to notebooks so I’m hoping to have a new one to add to my collection.

Q9. What's the best Christmas present you've ever been given and why?

A diamond ring. My husband proposed on Christmas Eve.

Q10. What is up next for you?

I have a new series of three books out next year called Puffin Island. It’s about three close friends, Emily, Brittany and Skylar who are always there for each other in times of trouble. Emily’s story, First Time in Forever, will be out in March, Brittany’s, Some Kind of Wonderful, in the summer and I’m just starting work on Skylar’s story which will be a wintery Christmas book. I’m looking forward to getting into the Christmas mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment