24 December 2014

Festive Q&A Post 15: Miranda Dickinson

Welcome to another fabulous Festive Q&A, this time with author Miranda Dickinson! Miranda's latest book I'll Take New York is a fabulous story that I thoroughly enjoyed, and Miranda was kind enough to answer some of my festive themed questions! My thanks go to Miranda for taking the time to answer these, please enjoy!

You can buy I'll Take New York as a paperback or an eBook now.

Q1. You've yet to write a festive book - is it something you'd consider in the future?! (although I'd say your books always make me feel wintery and cosy!)
It's funny because my books have traditionally come out at Christmas so have wintry covers, yet with the exception of It Started With a Kiss, haven't specifically been set at Christmas. But I'd love to write a proper, full-on tinsel and snow-fest, so watch this space.

Q2. What do you think it is about festive books that readers love so much year after year?
There's something impossibly romantic about Christmas, or at least the notion of what Christmas could be. I think it's the childlike thrill of the season that stays with us and that feeling that anything could happen. Feel-good stories are best read surrounded by twinkly lights and snuggled up warm on cold winter nights!

Q3. Quick fire questions! What's your favourite thing about Christmas?
Togetherness. I love hanging out with friends and family, especially because it's usually after I've been working for months on a book and haven't been able to see everyone.

Q4. Favourite Christmas film?
The Muppets Christmas Carol. I have to watch it on Christmas Eve, every year as a tradition.

Q5. Favourite Christmas song?
Driving Home for Christmas by Chris  Rea. I feel festive as soon as the piano intro starts!

Q6. Favourite Christmas tradition?
Every year I meet up with my best friends who I sing in the wedding band with, just before Christmas. Now so many of us are married and starting families it's fab to hang out like we used to and catch up on what everyone's been doing.

Q7. What are you hoping to find under the Christmas tree this year?!
Hopefully not Flo pulling baubles off! Books and candles are on my wish list, but I adore surprises so I really don't mind what's waiting for me.

Q8. What's the best Christmas present you've ever been given and why?
I have to say my engagement ring - Bob proposed on Christmas Day in 2010 by icing 'Marry Me' on a gingerbread star and hanging it on the Christmas tree. He gave me my beautiful vintage diamond ring, which looks like a tiny star on my finger and I love it.

Q9. What is up next for you?
I've just written my seventh novel, which will be my first for my new publisher, PanMacmillan. It's called A Parcel for Anna Browne and it's about a woman who starts receiving mystery gifts which change how she sees herself. I'm really excited about the story because it has mystery, love and a journey for the protagonist to go on. It will be published in September 2015 and I'm looking forward to sharing it!

Thanks so much Miranda!

No comments:

Post a Comment